- Pursuant to the Weekly Bulletin of the Capital Markets Board, the Board has approved the prospectus of Bantas Bandirma Ambalaj Sanayi ve Ticaret with regards to its capital increase amounting to TL 16,125,000 through rights issues. Moreover, the share capital of the Company will reach TL 80,625,000 as a result of such capital increase. It has been further stated that the newly issued shares are planned to be offered to public.
- According to the Weekly Bulletin of the Capital Markets Board, the Board has approved the prospectus of Merko Gida Sanayi ve Ticaret with regards to its capital increase through rights issues. Accordingly, the Company’s issued capital of TL 58,967,161 will be decreased to TL 52,967,161 and simultaneously will be increased to TL 66 million. It has been further stated that the newly issued shares are planned to be offered to public.
- In line with the Weekly Bulletin of the Capital Markets Board, the Board has approved the issuance certificates of Destek Faktoring, Info Yatirim Menkul Degerler and Volkswagen Dogus Finansman for bonds/financial bills with nominal issuance ceilings of TL 150 million, TL 150 million and TL 700 million, respectively. It has been further stated that such debt instruments are planned to be sold to qualified investors.
- According to the Weekly Bulletin of the Capital Markets Board, the Board has approved the issuance certificate of Aktif Yatirim Bankasi for bonds/financial bills with a nominal issuance ceiling of TL 2.25 billion. It has been further stated that such debt instruments are planned to be sold through public offering and/or to qualified investors.
- As per the announcement made by Ihlas Holding on the Public Disclosure Platform, the Company has decided to initiate negotiations with a company which is operating in the field of hydroelectric energy business, for evaluating the investment partnership and acquisition opportunities. Accordingly, a confidentiality agreement has been signed between the Holding and such company.
- In line with the announcement made by Cemas Dokum Sanayi on the Public Disclosure Platform, the Company has decided to increase its share capital from TL 474 million to TL 948 million as per the board of directors meeting held on 2 December 2020. It has been further stated that such capital increase will be realized through right issues upon obtaining approval from the Capital Markets Board.
- According to the announcement made by Ford Otosan on the Public Disclosure Platform, the incentive application made by the Company within the scope of the preliminary studies carried out for the product diversification and expansion investments foreseen for the long-term New Generation Commercial Vehicle Projects at the Kocaeli Factory has been approved in accordance with the Presidential Decree numbered 3273 which is published in the Official Gazette dated 4 December 2020 and numbered 31324. Within the scope of the approved incentive projects, the Company is planning to employ additional 3,000 people, increase the current production capacity from 440 million to 650 million units and establish a battery collection facility with a capacity of 130 million battery.
- In line with the announcement made in the official website of the Competition Authority, the Board has granted its permission for the takeover of the joint control of SelJel Jelatin Urunleri Sanayi ve Ticaret which is controlled by Tezman Group, by GELITA Internationale Gesellschaft Gelatine mbH.
- According to the announcement made in the official website of the Competition Authority, the Board has granted its permission for the takeover of the sole control of Ortadogu Antalya Liman Isletmeleri by QTerminals W.L.L.
- Pursuant to the announcement made in the official website of the Competition Authority, the Board has granted its permission for the merger of Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company and Hitachi Capital Corporation in order to integrate all business lines.
- In line with the dailies, the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey has prepared a Draft Law that obliges financial institutions to provide customers with accurate information about the terms, risks and consequences of the agreements which are signed with customers. According to the Draft Law, organizations, such as banks and insurance companies, will have to provide accurate information to the customers in writing with regards to the risks arising from the agreements. Moreover, the Draft Law is expected to be approved in 2021.
Energy Sector News
- According to the dailies, Enerjisa Dagitim Sirketleri has developed the Central Remote Control and Data Monitoring (SCADA) System, which enables the control of the electricity grid as mobile against extraordinary situations such as earthquakes and floods, with the research and development studies they conducted. It has been further stated that Mobile SCADA Emergency Command and Control Center will be activated immediately in place of the Company’s current SCADA centers and with the newly integrated system Enerjisa will be able to provide uninterrupted electricity to more than 21 million users.
- In line with the dailies, according to the statement made by the FIBA Group, four new wind power plants (WPPs) of the Company which were established with a total investment of US$ 220 million located in Van, Balikesir, Yalova and Catalca, Istanbul have started production. Since the WPPs provide a total installed capacity of 200 megawatts, the installed capacity of the group has increased to 550 megawatts in wind energy and 580 megawatts in renewable energy, making the Company one of the biggest in the sector. Moreover, the power plant established in Van which will have 53.2 megawatts installed capacity, became the most eastern and highest altitude wind power plant.
- Pursuant to the dailies, the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Application File has been submitted to the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization of Turkey regarding the Gold-Silver Mine Capacity Extension project planned to be carried out by Koza Altin Isletmeleri in Canakkale. It has been further stated that the Ministry has examined the EIA Application File and the EIA Process for such project has been initiated.
- As per the dailies, according to the statement made by the Turkey Wealth Fund, the Fund plans to issue bonds in the international markets within the next year. It has been further stated that the Fund is planning to issue bonds in every 18-24 months and the earnings provided via such issuances will be used to fund Turkey Wealth Fund’s investments.