Capital Markets Updates
- In line with the Weekly Bulletin of the Capital Markets Board, the Board has approved the prospectus of Akis Gayrimenkul Yatirim Ortakligi and Ostim Endustriyel Yatirimlar ve Isletme with regards to their share capital increases amounting to TL 250,300,150 and TL 57,173,250, respectively. Moreover, such share capital increases will be realized through rights issues. As a result of such capital increases, the share capital of the companies will reach TL 805 million and TL 133,404,250, respectively.
- According to the Weekly Bulletin of the Capital Markets Board, the Board has approved the issuance certificates of Ak Faktoring and Tarim Kredi Holding for bonds/financial bills with nominal issuance ceilings of TL 109 million and TL 303 million, respectively. It has been further stated that such debt instruments are planned to be sold to qualified investors and/or via private placement.
- Pursuant to the Weekly Bulletin of the Capital Markets Board, the Board has approved the issuance certificate of AG Anadolu Grubu Holding for bonds/financial bills with a nominal issuance ceiling of TL 1 billion. It has been further stated that such debt instruments are planned to be sold via private placement.
- As per the announcement made by Atakule Gayrimenkul Yatirim Ortakligi on the Public Disclosure Platform, the Company has decided to increase its share capital from TL 231 million to TL 263,340,000 as per the board of directors meeting held on 24 February 2021. It has been further stated that such capital increase will be realized through right issues upon obtaining the approval from the Capital Markets Board.
- Pursuant to the announcement made by Alternatif Bank on the Public Disclosure Platform, the Company has decided to increase its share capital from TL 2,000,038,000 to TL 2,213,000,000. It has been further stated that such capital increase will be finalized upon obtaining the approval from the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency.
- According to the announcement made by GUBRETAS on the Public Disclosure Platform, the Company has announced that the license of the Company obtained for Sogut Gold Mine and the activities within the scope of such license have been transferred to Gubretas Maden Yatirimlari.
- According to the announcement made in the official website of the Competition Authority, the Board has granted its permission for the indirect takeover of the joint control of Calisen plc. by BlackRock Alternatives Management, LLC, Ninteenth Investment Company LLC and the Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- In line with the announcement made in the official website of the Competition Authority, the Board has granted its permission for the takeover of the sole control of Aegon Hungary Holding B.V., Aegon Hungary Holding II B.V., Aegon Poland/Romania Holding B.V. and Aegon Turkey Holding B.V. by Vienna Insurance Group AG Wiener Versicherung Gruppe.
- Pursuant to the announcement made in the official website of the Competition Authority, the Board has granted its permission for the indirect takeover of the sole control of Koninklijke DSM N.V.’s Resins and Functional Materials business line including coating activities of DSM Niaga, DSM Additive Manufacturing and DSM Advanced Solar, by Covestro AG.
Energy Sector News
- Pursuant to the dailies, Yildiz Enerji, operating under the name of Yildizlar Yatirim Holding, has completed the construction of the roof-type solar power plant in Mersin which had started last year, in the planned period despite the negative impacts of the pandemic. The Company has covered the roof of Yildiz Entegre Akdeniz facility with more than 13,000 solar panels with a total investment of TL 20 million.
- In line with the dailies, Goktekin Enerji, operating in the fields of engineering, supply and project services on renewable energy resources, has signed an agreement with Maritas Denim to build a roof-type solar power plant with a power of 5.112 kW. It has been further stated that such project is planned to be completed by the end of March 2021.
- As per the announcement of the Ministry of the Treasury and the Privatization Administration of Turkey, the Tortum Hydroelectric Power Plant and its related fixed assets will be privatized through transfer of operating rights for 49 years. It has been further stated that, the tender shall be realized by bargaining method through negotiations and the bidders can submit their offers until 27 April 2021.
- Pursuant to the dailies, Agro Drive Lojistik Hizmetleri, one of the fastest growing Turkish companies in the agriculture and renewable energy logistics sector in Ukraine, is planning to make an organized industrial zone application, in accordance with the Organized Industrial Zone Law of Ukraine. It has been further stated that, the Company is also planning to expand the project with the 2nd stage of 150,000 square meters in the same region.
- In line with the dailies, a share purchase agreement has been executed by and between Aviva which is a subsidiary of United Kingdom-based Aviva plc and Ageas which is one of Europe’s leading insurance companies. Accordingly, Ageas has agreed to acquire all shares of Aviva in AvivaSA representing 40% of the share capital. It has been further stated that the transaction is expected to be completed within 2021 and AvivaSa will continue its activities as a jointly managed company with 40%-40% shareholding of Sabancı Holding and Agea.
- According to the dailies, Media Markt is planning to open 10 new stores with a total investment of TL 100 million in 2021 in Turkey. With such investment, the Company will provide employment opportunities for approximately 500 people.
- In line with the dailies, a cooperation protocol for biometric gold identification and tracking has been signed by and between ASELSAN and the General Directorate of Mint and Stamp Printing. Within the scope of such cooperation, the biometric identification of republic golds produced by the General Directorate of the Mint and Stamp Printing, will be made via a system that provides protection and tracking against counterfeiting.