Capital Markets Updates
- In line with the Weekly Bulletin of the Capital Markets Board, the Board has approved the prospectus of Akdeniz Yatirim Holding with regards to its capital increase amounting to TL 82,730,000 through rights issues. Moreover, the share capital of the Company will reach TL 124,095,000 as a result of such capital increase. It has been further stated that the newly issued shares will be offered to public.
- According to the Weekly Bulletin of the Capital Markets Board, the Board has approved the issuance certificates of Fibabanka and Koc Fiat Kredi Finansman for bonds/financial bills with nominal issuance ceilings of TL 5 billion and TL 340 million, respectively. It has been further stated that such debt instruments are planned to be sold to qualified investors and/or via private placements.
- Pursuant to the Weekly Bulletin of the Capital Markets Board, the Board has approved the issuance certificate of Ziraat Bankasi for bonds/financial bills with a nominal issuance ceiling of US$ 4 billion. It has been further stated that such debt instruments are planned to be sold abroad.
- As per the announcement made by Dogan Holding on the Public Disclosure Platform, Galata Wind Energy, a subsidiary of the Company, has made an application to the Capital Markets Board with regards to public offering of its shares. It has been further stated that, with a total installed capacity of 269 megawatts, the electricity produced by the wind and solar power plants of Galata Wind Energy is supported by public procurement guarantee system within the scope of renewable energy sources support mechanism (YEKDEM).
- In line with the announcement made by Migros Ticaret on the Public Disclosure Platform, Kenan Investments SA, which is an investment holding company established in Luxembourg and owned by the funds controlled by the subsidiaries of BC Partners LLP, has decided to sell all of its shares in Migros Ticaret. Accordingly, Kenan Investments SA has authorized Goldman Sachs International for the sale of its shares with a total nominal value of TL 21,308,336 representing approximately 11.77% of Migros Ticaret’s share capital. The sale price per share is determined as TL 44.15.
- According to the announcement made by ASELSAN, one of the leading companies of the Turkish Defense Industry, on the Public Disclosure Platform, the Company has opened a branch in Qatar under the name of ASELSAN Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret QSTP-B, in order to support its increasing activities in Qatar.
- Pursuant to the announcement made by Marmaris Altinyunus on the Public Disclosure Platform, the Company has decided to reconstruct the Divan Talya Hotel, which ceased its operations 8 years ago, and decided to invest US$ 50 million for the reconstruction process of such hotel. It has been further stated that the Company aims to complete such investment within three years.
- In line with the announcement made in the official website of the Competition Authority, the Board has granted its permission for the takeover of the joint control of Honshu Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. by Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- According to the announcement made in the official website of the Competition Authority, the Board has granted its permission for the takeover of the sole control of Innovera Bilisim Teknolojileri by FTA Bilisim Hizmetleri, which is jointly controlled by Taxim Capital Partners I LP and Rahmi Faruk ECZACIBASI.
- Pursuant to the announcement made in the official website of the Competition Authority, the investigation against Biletix Bilet Dagitim Basim ve Ticaret with regards to the alleged abuse of its dominant position through adding extra costs in exorbitant amounts under the names of service fee, transaction fee, shipping fee to the prices of the tickets sold by such Company, has been concluded. In this context, the Board has decided not to impose an administrative fine to such Company on the ground that Biletix has not violated Article 6 of the Competition Act No. 4054 by the alleged abused of its dominant position through adding extra charges to ticket prices.
- According to the dailies, Vakifbank has created a new loan package in the amount of TL 40 billion for the companies operating in manufacturing, export and import of substitution products in strategically important sectors. It has been further stated that, such loan has been created to support domestic production and increase employment in Turkey.
Energy Sector News
- Pursuant to the dailies, the maintenance works of BOTAS’ natural gas pipeline in the Marmara Sea will be conducted by Yapi ve Yapi Insaat. Within the scope of such project, Yapi ve Yapi Insaat will carry out the maintenance and repair activities of the 53 kilometers natural gas pipeline, located between the coasts of Istanbul Ambarli and Pendik. Moreover, Yapi ve Yapi Insaat aims to complete such project by the end of 2023.
- In line with the dailies, Aygaz has signed a partnership agreement with United Enterprises & Co. Ltd, which is one of the leading companies in Bangladesh, in order to supply and distribute LPG in Bangladesh. Within the scope of such agreement, the Company has purchased 50% of the shares of United Enterprises & Co. Ltd in return for Taka 50 million, corresponding to approximately US$ 605,000.
- According to the dailies, approximately 4,800 megawatts of renewable energy capacity has been commissioned in Turkey in 2020 and the amount of investment in such area totaled nearly US$ 7 billion. Moreover, hydroelectric power plants accounted for about 52% of such renewable energy capacity commissioned in last year, followed by wind, solar and biomass power plants. It has been further stated that, the investment amount to be made in this field in 2021 is expected to be over US$ 2.5 billion.
- Pursuant to the dailies, Dogus Insaat ve Ticaret has won the tender for bridge construction in Kremencuk, Ukraine with its offer amounting Hryvnia 11,248,000,000 corresponding to approximately TL 2,927,000. It has been further stated that, the 1.7 kilometers long bridge, which will be constructed by using the method of the inclined suspension, is planned to be completed in 48 months.
- In line with the dailies, one of the leading companies of the world in media and entertainment sector, namely Discovery Inc has acquired 35% shares in BluTv, Turkey’s first local online streaming platform. With such strategic partnership, BluTv will now be able to include Discovery’s content to its streaming options.